- Before washing your garment make sure it is colour safe. If it’s the first time you’re washing it and it’s a strong colour (red, hot pink, green, deep blue) it’d be better to wash it by hand the first time. If, for whatever reason, the colours have run, we offer you four possible solutions.
- If the stain happened recently (a few hours ago) an effective method of removal is to soak the garment in hot water with sugar and some newspaper.
- The next best method is to soak the garment in water with egg shells.
- Another trick is to soak it in salty water with some ice cubes.
- A final method is to soak it for a few hours in cold milk, changing the milk a few times until the stains have disappeared.